Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Yes, I Do Smell As Sweet


So, as I mentioned last week, my appearance into the world came as total a surprise to everyone and left my parents scrambling to procure all the crap they'd need to raise an additional baby. Including a name. They had only picked out one boy's name and one girl's name, and didn't have anything on deck for a second girl. So, for the first couple of days, it was Amy and Baby.

My dad was actually out of town for work the day my sister and I were born. After my grandpa called to tell him all about his new daughters, he went to the little town's bar to celebrate. He sat down next to one of the locals (who was wearing an eye-patch, naturally) and shared his exciting news. He then explained how he needed to come up with a name for the extra baby. The man thought he could help and suggested Marie after his mother.

So yeah, I was named by a one-eyed stranger whom my dad found in a bar. Keeping it classy since day one.


No comments: