Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Illest Christmas Presents Ever!


It's better to give than blah blah blah... I have never met a person who doesn't love to get presents. Now that I think about it, opening presents is one of my top ten favorite things to do. These are some of the awesome-est presents I can remember getting.


source
--Etch A Sketch - I was probably about six when I got my Etch A Sketch. I still have it, and I still pull it out from time to time. And I am really good at it. Like, really good. I would probably consider Etch A Sketch my biggest talent. (I am equal parts proud and embarrassed of that statement. But I suppose it's good to recognize our strengths.)







--PeeWee's Playhouse shirts - We used to watch that show every Saturday morning, so we thought those shirts were pretty sweet. Amy's had the flowers from the window ledge that introduced the cartoons. Mine had Chairry, PeeWee's big blue chair. Stylin'.


source
--Hungry Hungry Hippos - My sister and I loved this game when we were little. We played it all. the. time. But then, all of a sudden, it was gone one day. Like it had totally vanished. And we were devestated. Mom recently confessed that she had gotten rid of it when we weren't looking because she was so sick of the noise. Which is understandable since Hungry Hungry Hippos is the loudest game in the world.




--A Phone for My Room - I got a cordless phone for my room when I was in junior high and it was super sweet. It came in ultra-modern black and had a sleek design roughly the size of an adult man's tennis shoe. A few years later, my sister would jack me in the face with that phone during one of our more vicious fights.


source
--My Little Pony - I loved the My Little Pony I got when I was little. Except I see that they've updated the design a bit. Mine had pink plastic gemstones for the eyes, which made my pony look slightly demonic when the light hit them just right. I also lost the accompanying brush almost immediately, so I used my mom's brush instead. I wonder if she was ever confused by the bright teal horse-mane hairs that I'm sure were left behind.


I wish I still got awesome-ass presents like a little kid.  Last year for Christmas, I asked my mom for new mixing bowls. Mixing bowls! What the fuck happened to me? Eight-year-old Marie would be disgusted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Santa is bringing the kids Hungry Hungry Hippos this year too. I'll see your mixing bowls wish list and raise you a carpet shampooer. I also through in some completely impractical Tom Ford sunglasses to make me still feel young and frivolous.

Unknown said...

Then I hope Santa is bringing you earplugs and Xanax.